Friday 26 June 2015

The latest Converge news...

Mother of...

I think I must have done an involuntary double take when I checked Bandai's latest shokugan update today. Storming out of the screen is a brand new Converge EX figure. It is a ginormous mobile armor set to blast all prior size expectations into smoking rubble.

The Dendrobium price point is no laughing matter either; recommended price is a whopping ¥3200. That's up ¥800 from the previously most expensive Converge EX item, the recently reviewed Zeta Plus. Even the Operation Revive and Jaburo boxsets fall shy of this price.

I wish Bandai would take the Converge series back to its mini figure roots rather than trying to one up itself with larger and larger EX figures. At this point I won't be surprised if the Neo Zeong is coming next... pfft.

2 comments:

  1. Surprised that the converge dendrobium is expensive?jump forward 7 years and we have the mobile suit ensemble dendrobium costing almost 4 times the price! My how times have changed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, tell me about it. I just spent an arm and a leg on the Neue Ziel...

      Delete