Tuesday, 1 August 2017
Gundam Converge #07
1. MSZ-006 Z Gundam from Converge volume 2, figure number 10, released in January 2011. This figure has also been reissued as part of the Overseas Only Operation Revive boxset which was put together by Bandai Asia and marketed primarily in Hong Kong in August 2015.
2. MSZ-006 Z Gundam with Hyper Mega Launcher released in June 2013 as figure number 63 in Converge volume 11.
3. MSZ-006 Z Gundam from the SP06 twin pack with the PMX-003 The-O figure. This figure was released in September 2015 and can be disassembled and recreated into the Wave Rider mobile armor mode.
4. MSZ-006 Z Gundam (Waverider Mode). This is the same figure as number three when parts-swapped into the mobile armor fighter mode.
5. MSZ-006 Z Gundam with Hyper Mega Launcher (Limited Color Ver.). This colour-variation of the Converge number 63 figure was released as one of three 7-Eleven limited edition figures in November 2016.
6. MSZ-006 Z Gundam as it now looks in the rebooted Converge #07 volume, released in June 2017.
1. MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki. The original figure number 6, from Converge volume 1 released in November 2010. Notice the slightly brighter blue chest area and the red detail painted on the beam rifle.
2. MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki. This version is from the Operation Revive Premium Edition boxset released as a Premium Bandai item in Japan in March 2014. This version has slightly darker navy blue colour application and gets the clay bazooka as an optional item. Note that the standard retail version of Operation revive (from February 2014) only comes with the beam rifle.
3. MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki (with Mega Bazooka Launcher). This figure was released in the SP 04 twin pack together with the AMX-004 Qubeley in August 2013. The colour is more reddish gold and the chest area very dark.
4. MSN-00100 Hyaku-Shiki from the Converge reboot, released in June 2017.
Overall the figures in Converge #07 are magnificent, with a few question marks in relation to longevity in especially the arm joints. Considering the large number of reissues it may not be the most exciting set for veteran collectors but the figures themselves are solid and highly recommended.