Sunday 29 August 2021

Too good to be true?


While I usually advice against figure hunting on eBay I just stumbled on the above item and felt I wanted to give you all a valuable heads up; finally those long coveted flimsy Ensemble-stands can be yours. The price will never get better than this. What are you waiting for?

In other news, the Ensemble volume 18 review I was getting geared up to do has hit a massive setback. I have been pixel-hunting the online stores for some time now and I couldn't believe my luck in finally managing to secure not only a full line-up of Part 7.5 but also a completed set of Part 18 figures - including a full squad of ZAKU Warrior suits. Well, it turned out that they were all mislabeled and so now I sit here with half a dozen weapon packs and not a single Warrior for good measure. Some days you just want to put your hat on the shelf and walk out into the sun (if there was one in the sky, that is)...

4 comments:

  1. Actually I see both stands and also option/accessory "connectors" for sale:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/165044541902
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/165044546648

    Maybe someone also sells spare skeletal frames?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unironically, it wouldn't have hurt if Bandai put an extra inner frame in the equipment packs. Although rare it has happened to me twice or thrice that an Ensemble figure will miss an item from that sprue, usually the frame part to which the legs are attached. In those cases I had to sacrifice another cheaper figure to get the necessary component.

      Delete
    2. Upon closer inspection, the inner frames are indeed available:

      https://www.ebay.com/itm/165045416668
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/165045417230

      What is news to me however is that there are Type A and Type B frames, I thought it was all the same.

      Delete
    3. It is like a collection in itself... The "B-type" was introduced with Ensemble Part 10. The components are the same but the sprue is tighter, presumably to consume less space inside the capsules. In the end they started with the slightly larger capsules to fit some of the bigger designs.

      Delete